VS VB6 VB5 VBA
The feature allows you to review several areas of your code and forms to find issues that you should fix to improve the quality:
- : it allows you to review the access keys of the controls (labels, checkboxes, etc.) of forms, usercontrols, etc. An access key is an underlined character in a text (such as in "Show Using Windows Colors") that, when typing , sets the focus to that control (in the case of checkboxes or radio / option buttons), to the next editable control (in the case of labels, assuming that the TabIndex property value is right) or executes the action (in the case of buttons). This feature checks that controls that should have an access key have it, and that an access key is not duplicated. See Access Keys Review Options.
- : it allows you to detect the items that either lack a header or that, having one, it doesn't match any of the headers defined in the window, tab, section. See Headers Review Options.
- : it allows you to detect the code elements that are not sorted according to the order defined in the window, tab, section. See Code Elements Order Review Options.
- : it allows you to detect some unused declarations in the source code (constants, variables, parameters, methods, etc.). This feature works searching occurrences of a declaration in the source code, but it does not check that the occurrence really belongs to the declaration. This implies that there are some limitations; for example, if you have two overloaded methods, one used and another unused, the feature will be unable to report the unused overloaded method because its name is used in the source code and the number and type of parameters of the call is not checked. See Dead Code Review Options.
- : it allows you to detect the methods whose lines of code have a wrong indentation (only the first line of a method with a wrong indentation is reported). See Line Indenting Review Options.
- : it allows you to detect the items whose names don't follow the nomenclature rules defined in the window, tab, section. See Nomenclature Rules Review Options.
- : it allows you to detect the items which don't follow the programming rules defined in the window, tab, section. See Programming Rules Review Options.
- : it allows you to review the spelling of the property of controls, text of message boxes, etc. This review requires installed on your computer. See Spell Checker Options.
- : it allows you to review the TabIndex property of the controls of forms, usercontrols, etc., checking if it has the correct value for each control. To find if a form or usercontrol contains controls with the wrong TabIndex value, compares the order of the controls sorted by their current TabIndex value with the order of the controls sorted by the theoretical TabIndex value that they should have according to the same algorithm used by TabIndex Assistant. To fix easily an error with the TabIndex property of a control, you can use that assistant. See TabIndex Review Options.
offers the following ways execute the feature:
- The menu.
- The button on the toolbar.
- In , the keyboard shortcut associated with the . command.
- In , the keyboard shortcut associated with the feature.
When you invoke this feature, a window is shown that allows you to select the scope of the operation and the reviews to execute:
The results are shown in a Result Window:
Each result shows the review (between brackets), optionally the reviewed item and review Id, and the review description.
The feature can be launched automatically before a build (in only in configuration, not in configuration). This is customizable in the window, tab, section.
- Ensure that the source code can be compiled without errors before running this feature.
- In , the , and only works with forms, not with , , or forms.
Quality Review Options
Access Keys Review Options
Headers Review Options
Code Elements Order Review Options
Code Elements Order Options
Dead Code Review Options
Nomenclature Rules Review Options
Programming Rules Review Options
Spell Checker Options
TabIndex Review Options
Keyboard Shortcuts Options